Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Admin" or "Owner"?

Discussion in 'Webmasters Discussion' started by Drago, Apr 22, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Drago New Member

Sometimes, the owner of the forum will have the "Owner" rank, while other times, they just have the normal "Administrator" rank. Which do you (as the owner of the forum) have and/or prefer?

I personally feel all forum owners should have the "Owner" title. The owner needs to be easily distinguished from the rest of the AT (Admin Team).

2. Bazinga! New Member

I have two different forums. On one forum, I am listed as an "Owner". On the other, I'm am listed as an "Administrator". However, I am the owner of both.

Personally, for me, I don't see that it matters all that much because usually you can tell the 'admin' and the 'owner' are the same.

3. Sharon New Member

I guess I've never had more than one admin in my forums, I've always been the only one. The next person I consider the highest is my Global Moderator and she has pretty much all the powers I have except to delete the forum.

4. LEADTECH New Member

i preffered to be on a Administrator rank .. There is no sense to put up the Owner Rank :D

5. shamzblueworld New Member

Well I don't like "Owner" tag if I've founded the forum, to distinguish from other Admins, I would like to use "Founder" instead.

6. Ramo New Member

Having the owner tag on you might scare off some people or it might make you look like you want to have all that power. I just keep myself as 'Administrator' at my forum even though I am the owner.

7. MisaTange New Member

I usually have one admin, but even if I had one other admin, I'd still prefer to keep being called an admin. It just sounds... unnecessary.

8. ddoesmc New Member

I think the Owner should be the founder. Admin should be an Admin. I don't really know.

9. Kaynil New Member

I'd only put an owner tag if I wasn't an administrator, I kind of feel it is implied that the people that administrate the community are the most invested in running it. If there is more than one admin I don't think it really matters who is the 'owner' unless the forum is on sale and people need to contact the current owner. Most of the time even big decisions would be taken by debating with the group.