Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are business cards still relevant?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing Forum' started by lludawg, Sep 16, 2014.

Share This Page

1. lludawg New Member

Nowadays, it is so easy to market your site using online marketing and social media marketing. Is it still a good idea to hand out business cards or will this be a waste of time and money?

2. Fergal New Member

I would say that it depends on the nature of your business and what you are doing to promote it. If you are attending industry / networking events then business cards are a must They are also extremely useful if you are meeting clients face to face, it gives them an easy way to find your contact details, if they want to make a follow up contact.

3. Jybrael New Member

I would say regardless of how your business is being advertised..whether or not it is an internet business or not business cards are important. One main reason behind that is it shows that you are a professional that takes your job/business seriously. Marketing your business on the internet and via social networking..isn't exactly enough because sometimes you might meet someone who might not have heard of your business and you don't really have access to a computer to really show them your business. In that situation a business card comes in very handy.

4. htb24 New Member

I think it is a waste of time and money as it is not very effective. Advertising online is the way forward in my opinion. It really depends on what your site is offering though, for websites that are centred around the internet only, then advertising forums are the best option.

5. sapett New Member

I run an eBay store and include business cards with the items I ship out to my customers. The card includes a link to my store, website, contact information, etc. I've found them to be really effective. I've had several repeat customers who come back after seeing my business card sitting on their desk. Ultimately though, I think it depends on what business you're in.

6. weeloudawg New Member

Personally I think its worth keeping a handful of business cards on your for personal face to face meetings.

7. cwvps New Member

I think you need to have business cards when you actually meet with your business partners or potential customers. They will stay effective as long as we don't meet just through Skype, but also in person.

8. Allenafaith New Member

I personally don't see a reason to use them since now everything is online. I guess it would be cool if you just wanted to leave them at a gas station or something for people to pick them up. I'm sure it could be a little helpful. I usually just put the cards up and never look at them again, though.