unidenhosting

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dedicated server and what is the main uses?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Discussion' started by Sobi, Apr 6, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sobi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Dedicated servers are best to host any webiste with reliable and secure features dedicated only to single customer with complete administration on every single aspect of hosting resources.

Dedicated servers can be used for anything.
    Proxy servers, storage, shared hosting, reseller hosting, shoutcast, virtual servers, hosting websites and anything else you desire really.

The main use of Dedicated server is to gain full control over the server. You are able to customize the server and install any 3rd party application of your choice. You won't have any restriction from anyone. Users who wish to run a resource intensive application or a popular website which gets good amount of traffic opt for a Dedicated server in order to utilize the server resources to the maximum.

Dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. A server that is hosted and accessed only by one company is call dedicated server.It is dedicated to one client and is not shared with any other clients.The client have full rite to chose software (OS) and hardware to be installed in his server .The dedicated server can be easily upgraded and monitored easily .
    Uses of dedicated server :
    As the entire servers resources are dedicated to your website, load times decrease dramatically.
    Since you are not sharing your server with other users who may be testing new scripts that could potentially crash the server, your reliability increases.Security risks are lessened since access to a dedicated server is limited.

if you have anyother in your mind just share !
    Thank you,

2. desker New Member

Why use a dedicated server? There are many reasons why you should choose to use a dedicated server. The most important reason is that you have full control of the server and no longer have to share space and bandwidth with other websites.Godaddy promo codeGodaddy discount

3. nidaali New Member

I am currently using dedicated server of shifahost.com
    Price $50/month with Unlimited Data Storage and Data Transfer.
    I am 100% satisfy with service and customer support

URL : http://shifahost.com/semi-dedicated-hosting-plans/

but my budget is low. Anybody can tell me any dedicated server cheaper than this ?
    I am running three video blogs on my dedicated server.
    :wht:

4. srachel New Member

with have a dedicated server you can full-manage and control your server.

5. zoey New Member

You can expect good reliability with dedicated servers. You will not go under any risk of the server being slowed down, swamped with traffic, or crashed by another site on a shared server.
    You get good uptime of your site.. Chance of being in under loss is very less.

6. pussinboots New Member

Dedicated hosting provides powerful and secure web hosting solutions for companies and consumers with more sophisticated website needs. Dedicated hosting provides the user with a own server that can be customized to user preferences. They are more advantageous based on uptime,security and room for expansion with the privilege to expand in RAM size, bandwidth, processor speed etc.Recently, I availed a dedicated server from 9cubehosting.com for my gaming site.I have no regrets in choosing them...with their extended support and low cost services...