Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Free methods of getting traffic

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by Sobi, Nov 3, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sobi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have seen posting asking about how to get traffic to their sites, here I am sharing my free and effective methods of getting traffic:

1) Blog commenting
    2) Forum signature
    3) Join Top Sites Lists
    4) Surf at traffic exchanges for free traffic in return
    5) Join banner exchange
    6) Post videos on YouTube, watermark it with your site's URL and also put a link back in the description
    7) Give away free ebooks with links in them

Hope this helps.

2. bizarrio New Member

These are really great tips.

For me, best free method of getting traffic is by promoting in relevant forums. It worked for me and I am sure it works for many others.

3. Bazinga! New Member

Another way of free method of getting traffic is making a Twitter account and using it to post updates about your forum or blog. It's helped me to get more traffic and it's helped me to get more members too. Social media has grown and that gives you more chances of growing your forum or blog.

4. Sharon New Member

These are some excellent tips! I shall use them and hopefully get some positive feedback/traffic from them. Thank you for sharing these! ;)

5. pussinboots New Member

Apart from the free traffic increase...I feel the paid service like SEO would give a decent traffic soon.Over 80% of the Internet's users go to a search engine before reaching a web site.When someone types your product or service's key words into a search engine if the site lists in the first page then chances are there that the user might visit the website.In short SEO is the best way to promote site and gain your desired web presence.The factors that Google considers are keywords in URL, Title, Text, Domain age,Number of visitors etc.It keeps updating the factors for page ranking. The companies that provide SEO also should update accordingly.If we get services from such a concerned company then we can definitely make SEO to be effective.I have used the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from Thewebpole.com as they provide keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search engines and also provide reports which eventually improved my website traffic.

6. cwvps New Member

How do you join Top Sites Lists?