Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Host a website from your own computer

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Discussion' started by Sobi, Apr 6, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sobi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Mar 20, 2011
    Hi guys,

Here i will show how u can your website host on your own Computer as a Hosting Server,host your website at home using a regular PC, and software like Appserv. However, many people say that such solutions are only good for testing and are not secure enough for internet hosting. I want to know how to either make my website hosting more secure, or how to implement other professional solutions like installing and setting up windows server.here is setp by setp Details.

1 .. Search/download XAMPP, it has Apache, MySQL, FileZilla, and few other services.

2 .. Get a PC in your home that mainly no one works on

3.. Install it over there

4.. Go to your Router/Modem, and insert the local IP of the PC you chose in the DMZ box

5.. Go to DynDNS, or buy only a domain, and redirect the domain to your router’s IP.

Done !

There’s dDos, be ready to shut off your internet once that happens, a dDos will burn the least MB bandwidth you still have, so you better keep your website on low-profile.

If anyone had access to your FTP, he/she can upload a malicious upload, run it through HTML and gain control over your PC… so better watch out on FTP.

If you have a slow internet (512KB or 1mbpits), I don’t encourage you to host one since if many people are going to view your website daily or keeps refreshing, you’ll run out your bandwidth in less a month and will leave you with like a 12 KB/s download speed till the end of the month.

Thanks And Enjoy Your PC-Host
  2. pussinboots New Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Good one....I preferred third party web hosts to lessen by managing work.To select a good host provider; * First search in internet and get a list of host service providers that offer the service at your affordable cost. * Scrutinize amongst them based on their success rate,legit techniques,support,reliability,reputation etc.You can get a clear idea about the above factors from use reviews. * Talk to a representative of the selected one and if satisfied...signin with them. Service providers like 9cubehosting.com provide professional service at low cost.
  3. ddoesmc New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Thanks for the information! I might try this out on my spare PC that I have.