Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is a domain worth $8,000 to you?

Discussion in 'Domain Forum' started by Stonewall, Mar 31, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Stonewall New Member

I just recently saw on a domain selling website that they were selling a fairly boring domain name for $8,000 USD. Is it just me, or should that money be sent elsewhere instead of just for a domain?

2. theidlebrain New Member

High value domains are never purchased for personal use. Usually they are bought by startups and corporations since the exact domain name is vital to their business.

3. JimmysNetwork New Member

Like the guy above me said, They're generally for start ups and corporations. I personally wouldn't spend $8,000 on a domain unless i really needed it. If i was starting up a company, and the domains that i needed were taken then i would pay to have the domains. Although, $8,000 is a bit much for a domain in my opinion.

4. bugara1 New Member

I buy my domains for 1$ :D

5. bizarrio New Member

I will never buy a domain name for $8,000, no matter how good it is.

I have always preferred buying new domain names.

6. Bazinga! New Member

$8,000 seems a lot of money for a domain. I would rather pay a much cheaper price and do all the work myself to start up the site, than to pay that much for a domain. I'm sorry but that much money seems ridiculous to me. If someone would rather pay that much money than do that work themselves, then I could see someone purchasing it. But that person won't be me.

7. Drago New Member

Even if it's for a start-up company, eight grand for a domain is preposterous. With that amount of money, you could do a lot more for your website.

8. Redcap New Member

No way! Unless it is a super special domain. A suitable domain price for me is usually under 25$.

9. kareem New Member

Depends really. In most cases not, but there's times when the bare domain is worth a lot of money. I also have some domains that would be worth something between $5000 and $10,000 and I wouldn't sell them for much less unless there was a grave need for money.

10. Raees New Member

Actually 8,000$ is a small amount, I have seen sites sold for more higher rates, its really worth to get good domains. Good domains will yield you the money back and individual doesn't purchase it for personal use they main use it for business or some other similar things.

11. Aniruddh New Member

If 17 years ago you had bought Google.com, they probably would have paid you something equivalent to that sum of money because the name is integral to the business. Startups these days are however hacking their way around this, for example getpocket.com instead of pocket.com.

12. mou3ad15 New Member

it's normale bro, there are some domain names that worth more than 8k ! it's all about the buisiness name or the company work, if you have a domain that have the same company name or something they will give u a lot of money just to buy it from you

13. Claraviolet New Member

I wouldn't recommend paying that sort of huge amount just for the domain name.
    The value for a domain is calculated using backlinks, page ranks etc., For a domain having that sort of amount is really something but I wouldn't buy it, not in a million years. As for your question, the money is sent to the owner and some amount to the domain registrar, as far as I know.