Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shared Hosting on a Forum

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Discussion' started by ownedbox, Mar 3, 2013.

Share This Page

1. ownedbox New Member

If you are going to start forum, would it be fine to just have a shared hosting plan or would you recommend a VPs right then on?

2. manofsteel New Member

Hi,
    If your starting the forum it is good to have a shared hosting and you can move on to Vps after you get more number of visitors to your forum.You can get your hosting service from the site 9Cubehosting.com .where the hosting plan are low at cost.

3. GeekGhost New Member

Shared hosting is fine for a star up forum. We host several forums on shared servers with zero issues. As the site grows and becomes more resource intensive, you should be able to scale up to semi-dedicated, VPS or dedicated. A good host will make the process easy.

4. LEADTECH New Member

for me i'm gonna start for share first ;) but in the future i will switch to VPS :)

5. LEADTECH New Member

for me i'm gonna start for share first ;) but in the future i will switch to VPS :)

6. Darshan New Member

Initially you can choose Shared Hosting's smaller plan. When traffic increases, you can upgrade your plan to higher one. However, when you have a lots of traffic, you can choose VPS Hosting.

When you go with VPS Hosting, you have to manage your VPS as well. If you can not manage your VPS, you have to hire a technician to manage it or you have to purchase managed services from your Hosting provider. Where in Shared Hosting Host will take care of this.