Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Staff post count

Discussion in 'Webmasters Discussion' started by Drago, May 11, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Drago New Member

Do you require potential staff to have a certain post count before they are staff?

It depends. For the most part, yes. I'd rather not have a staff member with less than 30 posts unless I know them and know they're good.

2. Bazinga! New Member

I think that it would be beneficial if the staff member would have a certain number of posts on the forum (unless you already know this person from somewhere else). It give you a better idea of how that person behaves and how they present themselves to other people. You can't tell that if they have so few posts or none at all.

Sobi likes this.
  3. mou3ad15 New Member

I think that it doesn't depends on the post numbers only, but Only on the posts quality and the person personality, I can't make someone staff on my forums with a child personality !

4. mou3ad15 New Member

I think that it doesn't depends on the post numbers only, but Only on the posts quality and the person personality, I can't make someone staff on my forums with a child personality !

5. Bliss New Member

If it's a new forum, then I wouldn't consider their post count, though if it's an established forum, then I'd require them to be active around the community and have a certain amount of post count before I promote them to the staff role as they need to prove themselves, ofcourse.

6. Teapot New Member

As long as the given staff member has been around for some time, I see no reason to require a certain post count. Regardless of the matter, I firmly believe in only hiring members that have been around for a while and have experienced the forum. It makes no sense to take a member that has been on your forum for only three months as apposed to one that has been around for 3 days.

7. Eclipse New Member

When looking for staff members, I focus on their experience and knowledge of the niche, forum software, as well as handling situations. I also require staff members to know how to enforce our rules, as well as stay calm and control their temper.

I think potential staff members, and staff members in general, should have a high post count because content and activity is important. Since they're staff, or trying to be, they should lead by example and engage in many discussions as possible to keep things rolling.