Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Usernames

Discussion in 'Webmasters Discussion' started by Tornado, Jul 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Tornado New Member

What rules do you have for usernames on your forum(s)?

On my forums the minimum length is three and the maximum is twelve, I don't want really long usernames and I don't want one letter usernames, I think it looks un-professional.

2. Giorgios New Member

I've seen on some forums that if your username is inappropriate, they will change it and give you a new one, but I'm not sure if they would allow you to change it if you don't like the new name. Xbox Live does that with people who have bad gamertags, they give you a new one but they force change your gamertag and you're stuck with it unless you pay 1600 Microsoft points which is $20 to change it. :eek:

3. Allenafaith New Member

I think I have the four character minimum and I suggest that they use an appropriate username that is PG-13. I don't have any other rules than that.

4. David Smith New Member

On my forum, I make sure it is the 4 character minimum because then it would look really professional. Another thing I always make sure it can't be the same color as a staff group then it would look confusing. I always make sure it is appropriate because of kids might come onto the forum and take offence.