Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vps for gaming servers?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Discussion' started by nsn, Jun 3, 2013.

Share This Page

1. nsn New Member

anyone here ever rent out a VPS for the sole purpose of setting up a gaming server?

i have, i've used NFO (nfoservers.com), they're very professional, provide pretty good quality vpses, at a decent price. i recall running 4 cs 1.6 servers on a vps for like $40/month or so.

2. webarb45 New Member

A Virtual Private Server is a virtualised server which shares a host system with other users, however is completely isolated and secure and provides the oppurtunities and appearance of a dedicated server. Each VPS can be independantly managed, rebooted and can have the operating system changed at any time. By being isolated from other users on the host system, full root access can be granted to the VPS, allowing for maximum flexibility in regards to administering your server, installing software and configuring applications. Please note to keep our prices down all our VPS Servers are un-managed by Fragnet, we only support the node and the network.

3. orangecounty New Member

Our Xen-based Virtual Dedicated Servers (VDS) / Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are specially tailored to run game servers and the most demanding web applications, with highly consistent performance that is very close to bare hardware. For a full description of their overall features,

4. LEADTECH New Member

What game you want to host ? mincraft / Ragnarok or any other game server ?

5. pussinboots New Member

VPS is nothing but the abstraction of “Virtual Private Server”. From the name itself, it is clear that VPS is not private server but virtually it acts like a private server.We can install any software or OS without affecting other virtual machines on the same server. With this technology of partitioning a single server, customer can enjoy the benefits which are similar to dedicated hosting.I have availed the Virtual Dedicated Server Hosting from 9cubehosting.com for my gaming website and have no regrets.My website's performance is detached from the other sites hosted on the same server.Hence my website is always up with their multiple servers around the world.

6. Jimmy New Member

uBuntu is the best! :)

7. Lepstoks New Member

Think that you will not regret having looked at hostplay.com vps hosting solutions.
    Not only is their staff knowledgeable and friendly, but their responses are faster than any other hosting company I've been with.