Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are SSL Certificates? (300)

Discussion in 'Advertise Your Website' started by Sobi, Sep 23, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sobi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What are SSL Certificates? (300)

SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer and it was a protocol invented by Netscape to ensure that transactions between servers and browsers were secure. The protocol uses a Certificate Authority (CA) to identify one or both ends of the data transaction. The process works in a series of steps.;

- A browser looks for a secure page which is usually defined by https://

- The web server that the page is on sends back it public key along with the certificate

- The browser checks that the certificate is trusted by checking who it was issued by, making sure that it is still valid and that it is correct.

- The browser uses the public key to encrypt a random symmetric encryption key and sends that with an encrypted URL and other URL data to the server.

- The random symmetric encryption key is decrypted by the web server using the private key and that is then used to decrypt the URL and http data.

- The information is the sent back by the web server in encrypted form using the symmetric key.

- The browser then decrypts it and displays it for the user.

How this works for the user of the website is that they notice that the website has https:// on the address and they know that it is secure. Apart from that, they notice no difference as the above process happens very quickly. You can SSL certifecate from sevelar providers: Comodo, Godaddy... But at our site gogetssl.com you can buy
    WildCard SSL certificate and other SSL certificates much cheaper than anywhere else.

The certificates are very important for users of websites. They want to know that any information that they enter in a website will be kept secure. Any passwords need to be kept secure, for example. This is even more important when it comes to online banking. No one wants their bank details to be intercepted by anyone and therefore being able to be used.

Thank you,

cheapdedihosting likes this.
  2. pussinboots New Member

Good sharing.It is necessary that an e commerce website has an SSL certificate protection so that the customers personal and payment details are encrypted thereby ensuring the user's safety.It makes you a trust worthy vendor in the minds of your customers.There is a steep increase in online shopping method and hence you should showcase that your website is protected from hackers to attract customers.I have an eCommerce website myself and I was so sure in protecting the confidentiality of my customers so I bought the SSL certificate from Thewebpole.com and enhanced my sites protection.

3. Simon Gately New Member

I've learned a lot, thank u