Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which domain name do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Domain Forum' started by Drago, Apr 22, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Drago New Member

.com, .net, .org, etc. There are quite a few popular, professional domain names out there. Which do you prefer and use?

.com all the way. It just seems more professional, especially if it's the actual domain for the forum (instead of a domain for the forum's website).

2. pussinboots New Member

I too prefer a .com TLD domain name..since it is of universal factor.
    The domain name is very important for any business and it should be easy to remember without much punctuations.
    It should be unique and related to business.
    It should be short and catchy.

In choosing the registrar also one should be very careful.The registrar should be reliable and provide services at affordable cost.I chose 9cubehosting.com since the cost is low when I get the domain registration and hosting as a package from them.

3. lludawg New Member

Personally I prefer .com because it is the standard for websites. However, there are instances where I would choose a .org domain over a .com domain. For example, if I was creating a charity or volunteer group. Also, .net domains are becoming more and more popular. Has anyone heard of the .rock domain?

4. Bankroll New Member

I honestly prefer .com because it looks more professional.

5. Aniruddh New Member

I personally prefer .com because whenever the user is in doubt, he will always type .com. I do it myself.
    However, the other domains are certainly worth a look if your desired .com is not available. Sometimes I want the whole domain to be one word, for example codicio.us (Codicious) and that's one of the times when I look for domains that do not end with .com.

6. reddyash New Member

I always prefer .com TLD as it used by mostly for businesses. I also prefer .net.