Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Windows Server is a resource hog!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Discussion' started by Quiver, Mar 22, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Quiver New Member

I've used Windows Server in the past and, compared to Linux, it just devours the server resources. With Linux you can have databases, emails, and files all on the same server without it having too much of a negative impact. But on windows, you really need separate servers for all 3 services. Also compatibility with many website scripts causes a problem for most people. It's getting better, but Linux is the way to go right now (I think). Anyone else care to share an opinion on this? ;)

2. theidlebrain New Member

I have never actually used Windows Hosting but I would really like to try one out.

3. JimmysNetwork New Member

Although i don't like linux for personal reasons, i have to agree. Windows Servers do take up a lot of resources and in the end it would be smarter to have 10 linux servers rather than having 10 windows servers. Most people i know, if they need Windows or Linux Servers for a company they are working on most of them go with linux in the end.

4. manofsteel New Member

thanks for the wonderful article

5. Darshan New Member

Both Windows as well as Linux server will function similarly which lets you store data and run applications. Windows and Linux both type of Servers supports PHP and MySQL Hosting. If you are working mainly in HTML, PHP, Javascript, etc. then you will never notice the difference between these two. Both Windows and Linux offer FTP access, database storage, mail service in single server.

Remote desktop access is also a benefit in Windows VPS, which allows users to directly access VPS from anywhere. Windows Server works seamlessly and it provides ease of use. Windows Server offers support for ASP and ASP.NET for website hosting, something that a Linux VPS can’t offer.

Linux is a great option for businesses owners as they want direct control over their server via SSH. Linux also has more variants of its OS to choose from.

6. Jimmy New Member

My point is windows hosting bad lags, slow everything lol

7. Bankroll New Member

Never tried this before, but I'll be sure to give it a try!